I Have Been an A**hole to The Ones I Love
I’ve been struggling to get things done the past little bit and I realized it was because I was being a jerk to any and all ideas that were coming to me. Nothing was good enough and if I even tried to execute any of them I was impatient and bullying. Then they stopped coming. No wonder.
Here is a set of rules/reminders about ideas that I made in order to remind me how lucky I am that I get any ideas at all:
1. You work for your ideas. Your ideas do not work for you.
2. You do not have to do them all, but you do have to be kind to them and grateful that they came.
3. Be curious.
4. It’s okay to play, be pointless, and aimless.
5. It’s okay to be invisible in your work. In fact, it’s recommended.
6. How things work changes all the time.
7. You have enough time.
This week I am so thankful for so many things–especially the ideas that come to me.